All application materials must be submitted together via e-mail or through the mail in one envelope.
- E-mail application submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail application submissions to:
Stripes to Bars
P.O. Box 12234
Denver, CO 80212
Stripes to Bars 2018 Award (Coming Soon)
- Applications accepted Oct 1st, 2017 to Jan 31st, 2018.
- Scholarships awarded on March 1st, 2018
Modaero/STB Partnership 2017 Award (Currently closed)
- Applications accepted Feb 1 – March 31st, or until 50 applications received
- Must be present to accept award at Modaero Aviation Festival 2017 in Houston, Texas June 2-4, 2017
Awarded June 2-4, 2017
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, Modaero has postponed their airshow without a future date set. All applicants will automatically be enrolled in the Stripes to Bars 2018 applicant pool .
Stripes to Bars 2017 Award (Currently closed)
- Applications accepted Oct 1st, 2016 to Jan 31st, 2017.
- Scholarships awarded on March 1st, 2017
- Obtain aviation medical certificate (1st class required for career track, 3rd class for non-career track)
- Obtain a copy of DD 214 (Discharged Veterans) or
ORB/ERB (Current Servicemembers)
- Please ensure social security numbers are blacked out in all supporting documents.
- Obtain a commander’s letter of recommendation (Current Servicemembers)
- Complete Stripes to Bars application (download here)
- Submit complete application packet and all supporting documents
- Applicants must be currently serving, or honorably discharged Veterans, of the United States armed forces
- Applicants must obtain an aviation medical certificate (1st class required for career track, 3rd class for non-career track)
- Although prior criminal history is not an automatically disqualifying event*, Stripes to Bars reserves the right to evaluate each application in it’s entirety to determine eligibility. (*Prior criminal history will be reviewed during the process of obtaining a medical certificate)
- Have access to Stripes to Bars qualified flight training facility, equipment and instructor (see list of approved facilities and information on how to have a flight school or instructor added to the approved list)
- Have transportation and schedule availability to allow flight lessons weekly (schedule to be determined between student, equipment, and instructor availability)
- Must submit a complete, signed application, together with all supporting documents.
- The award determination will be made on the selection committee’s evaluation of the overall quality of the application and the scholarship essay questions.
- All scholarships are awarded on an individual basis, as funding is available and dispersed at the discretion of the selection committee
- Funds will be paid directly to the approved flight training facility from which the applicant intends to become certified
- Scholarship selection shall be made without regard to race, national origin, sex, or disability*
*Disabilities preventing applicants from obtaining an aviation medical certificate will be solely determined by an Aviation Medical Examiner